Bits and Snippets of the Philippines

Basic Reading of Global Filipinos

D5 Studio Hits 2.7 Million Views with Jasmine Curtis-Smith in Forever Sucks

leave a comment »

Did you know that Forever Sucks is a comedy-drama soap opera show not being shown on traditional air- or cable-TV but exclusively through the web through D5 Studio?

TV5 today presented to the Philippine online and offline media its new creation called D5 Studio, which was originally launched labeled as Digital 5 and was once just a digital support team of MediaQuest. The media briefing was held at the new Shangri-La at The Fort Hotel in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

TV5, formerly known as ABC 5, is a Filipino commercial television network solely owned by MediaQuest Holdings, Inc. which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of the beneficial trust fund of the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company headed by business tycoon Manuel V. Pangilinan,

Forever-Sucks-starring-Jasmine-Curtis-Smith

Above: Forever Sucks stars Jasmine Curtis-Smith, JC Santos, Gio Gahol, Gab Pangilinan and Sari Estrada. Directed by Joel Ferrer.

Headlining D5 Studio’s cadre of digital content is Forever Sucks, a story of Izabel, a 170-yr old vampire pretending to be a normal 21-yr old that after 10 decades of swearing off men, she meets a human who may finally change her life forever. Forever Sucks stars Jasmine Curtis-Smith is already in its 10th episode. Each episode of Forever Sucks runs about 10 minutes or so, and can be watched through the Internet using your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. As of today, Forever Sucks boasts 2.7 million views and already has a large following akin to traditional on-the-air and cable TV shows.

D5 Studio produces digital content through three platforms: D5 Studio Originals, GG Network and uLOLS. Much like HBO Originals, D5 Studio Originals showcases unconventional show themes and formats, leading it off with Forever Sucks. GG Network creates gaming and eSports content and events which intends to bring the country’s top game streamers, local publishers and international game distributors. D5 Studio uses Hopscotch mobile platform, and Sports5 mobile portal is powered by Hopscotch. Finally, uLOLS bring humor to the D5 Studio entertainment content through shareable original content on Filipino culture and trends

D5-Studio-and-their-talent

The creators of D5 Studio and their talent.

D5 Studio creates digital content for Millennials because every marketplace expert knows, Millennials are forever glued to their personal digital devices than sitting down in the family sala watching television altogether.

Viva-Manileña-blogger-Edel-Santiago-won-an-Apple-Macbook-Air

Viva Manileña blogger Edel Santiago won an Apple Macbook Air because she fielded the best question during the media briefing.

As a ROAR TMCI managing director, I know for a fact that Facebook alone in the Philippines is viewed using a tablet or smartphone 90 percent of the time, leaving 10 percent to be shared using desktops and laptops. That single, glaring statistic tells you how you must envision delivering entertainment, gaming and sports content – not through traditional means but by way of the web. When radio and television once ruled and managed your time, today Millennials want to rule their time through on-demand and portable content.

Forever-Sucks-celebrity-star-Jasmine-Curtis-Smith-is-interviewed

Forever Sucks celebrity star Jasmine Curtis-Smith is interviewed by the media.

D5 Studio is clearly leading the way ahead of the other major networks to provide a multi-platform, multi-discipline and multi-channel network for the Millennial.

Visit D5 Studio using your mobile digital devices and start going through its existing content like Forever Sucks via www.d5.studio.

Sources: PR | D5 Studio | Wikipedia

_

Advertisements

Comments only. No ads, links or unrelated replies.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: